Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, world.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. It was a nice Holiday for me and my family. I have another week off until I'm back at my job on Monday the 12th. I may be a bit ambitious, but I'm hoping to finish up two quilts this week and cut a few blocks that I'll share more details about later.

One of the quilts I'm working on this week, I can't really show or talk about as it is for a magazine publication. However, the other one I'm working on is fair game. It is a quilt I put together a couple of years ago, but hadn't quilted it. A typical story of a neglected quilt top stored away that was nearly forgotten, but I've shown it love today.

My husband has a family farm and this past summer, my 3 year old daughter was really impacted by country life. She loved it. She hasn't stopped talking about the farm, and it was last 4th of July when we were there. That's when I remembered this quilt top and thought I could get it finished for her. In fact, when I started working on it, she immediately noticed the farm animals, and called it a farm quilt. And that's that, it will be named Farm Quilt. I hope to get this thing done and show you pictures of the completed quilt soon.


 
Till next time, keep on creating,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...