Sunday, January 25, 2015

Loyal Union - Introduction, Block A1 to A5

And it begins. Who is with me?
 
I announced the start of the Quilt Along last Wednesday at my guild meeting. The goal is 5 blocks a month for 2 years. The book does a good job of noting the fabric requirements, however, I want mine to be a bit more scrappy. Focusing on color, I bought a tall fat quarter bundle and am using my scraps. If I happen to run out, I won't panic if the fabric line is gone, I can add more interest by combining fabric lines that have similar colors. As a note, I do not plan on laying out my block in the exact order per the book. Don't you think it's unnecessary worry to plan for color and contrast to be distributed out evenly throughout the quilt when picking color for the next block? Well, when the quilt is finished, I don't think anyone would say, 'you didn't put the blocks in order.'
 
Here's the first five blocks, located in order per the book.
 
 

 


116 blocks to go.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...